Friday, December 7, 2012

Designing the New Digs: Slipcovered Console

Remember our post on repurposing and reupholstering...?  Well, one idea we touched on was slipcovering a console.  With a little fabric and a good upholsterer/seamstress, you can give an ordinary table a complete face lift.  The look is unique, fresh and totally versatile!

images via my pinterest

I had a white leather and nailhead console which has served me well but I thought could use a little change.  To complement my zebra hide rug in the room, I decided to go with a white linen slipcover with a thick black border.
Before:

After:
 

It's still a work in progress (and I'm lacking in the photography department) but I'm thrilled with the results!  Best part...it conceals our cable box, dvr, dvd, etc underneath!  Sure beats spending a fortune on an entertainment cabinet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...